IC 2118 Current Research Activities
- 1 General Background on young stars
- 2 =Color-Color Plots
- 2.1 Presentations, Posters, and Research Papers for IC2118
- 2.2 Information for Oil City High School meetings
- 2.3 Proposal for Radio Observations of T-Tauri Candidates in IC2118
- 2.4 Monitoring T-Tauri Stars using the Perth Obervatory Telescope
- 2.5 Chandra X-Ray Data
- 2.6 Kitt Peak H-alpha Data
- 2.7 USNO U, B, V, R, and I Data
- 2.8 Outflows or Jets
- 2.9 Multi Wavelength Composite Images
The next meeting should be at 4 0'clock pm wednesday the 25th at matt walentosky's house. (Specifically for people going to California, so we can plan out events and travel...)
Generating Light Curves
Using Perth Telescope
1. Check to see what the current sky conditions are by checking the live camera
2. Check to see what the current weather conditions are
3. Weather forecast for Perth - http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/wa/
Log into telescope if conditions look good.
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org for telescope access
To date no X-Ray data for IC2118 has been located. If you know of any please contact Tim Spuck at email@example.com.
In January of 2007 students from Oil City High School used the 0.9 Meter Telescope at Kitt peak to image regions of IC2118 in H-alpha.'
Matt Walentosky, Nick Kelley, Sandy Weiser were the students who went!!!!!!
U, B, V, R, and I data will be used to generate more accurate SEDs for the T-Tauri Candidates
Visible outflows or jets are strong evidence that a candidate is indeed a T-Tauri Star
Images and Methods
FROM SPUCK 6/30/2007 See Image Below- IC 2118 3.6 µm (blue), 5.8 µm (green), 8.0 µm (red) tri-color composite generated using MaxIm DL. (By M. Heath, N. Kelley, P. Morton, M. Walentosky, S. Weiser – Oil City High School, Oil City, PA)