CG4 Winter Mini-Workshop
Vivian suggested that when we are all in the same place in Seattle, we might get together and have our own mini-wrap-up workshop in which we (primarily the students) compare notes about how we accomplished tasks.
Plan for 5 minutes for each segment, and plan to have access to a projector and screen. (If you just have ppt or pdf, you can use someone else's laptop, but if you want to do a live demo using specific software, I recommend bringing your own laptop.)
If we have a few minutes of questions, then this should take about an hour to 90 minutes.
Please click on the red link corresponding to your presentation and edit the page to add in either a few notes or your ppt/pdf presentation.
- All About Spitzer and How Did NASA get this Data -- Mark Doering for the WCBVI Team
- Stars and How They Form - videos with sign language -- Anna M. and Lyssa M. for the WSD Team
- Creating RGB images with DS9 -- Lyssa and Anna for the WSD Team
- Creating and using Region Files -- Kevin M. and Vivian H. for the OPRFHS/Yerkes Team
- Manipulating Numerical Data and Applying Rules to Create Lists and Plots with Excel -- Lee Gamble and Mark Doering for the WCBVI Team
- Creating and Using Tactile Images -- Lee G. and Mark D. for the WCBVI Team
- Another try at Gutermuth -- possible bonus talk by Luisa, since I wasn't able to explain it successfully before.
- Checking the Photometry with Aperture Photometry Tool -- someone? for the Breck Team
- Creating Beautiful Images with FITS Liberator -- Niyaz for the Pierce College Team
- Using Python for Scientific Analysis -- Niyaz for the Pierce College Team
- Making the SEDs -- Mark Legassie for the SSC Team
- IRSA Finder Charts -- Vivian for the Yerkes Team
- What We Found -- Luisa for the SSC Team
- Discussion to work out the schedule for who is by the poster -- led by Chelen for the Breck Team
- Working on CG4 Paper -- Viv/Luisa/Chelen